Alan is a lawyer with more than ten years’ experience in corporate and other disputes, bankruptcy and international commercial arbitration.
Throughout his career Alan successfully represents clients in disputes involving multiple jurisdictions, coordinates foreign lawyers, takes part in litigations in Russian and foreign courts and in international commercial arbitrations.
Alan has a PhD in jurisprudence and has authored a number of publications, including a book on interpretation of contracts. Alan is a member of the Expert Council for the Improvement of the Bankruptcy Legislation under the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
Alan’s book on interpretation of contracts was published by the Statute Publishing House.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law
- PhD at the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law of the Government of the Russian Federation
- PB Legal, Partner
- A1 (Alfa Group’s investment arm)
- White & Case
- Egorov, Puginsky, Afanasiev & Partners
- Development and implementation of a strategy to protect the interests of the shareholder of the largest Russian Internet retailer who applied to the LCIA with a claim against the majority shareholder to buy out the shares.
- Protecting the interests of a new shareholder of a public IT holding in a corporate conflict. Recovery of damages, challenging the transactions, changing unfriendly governing bodies in subsidiary structures, bringing the former management to liability.
- Representing the interests of a minority shareholder of a large Russian agricultural holding in courts. Submission of claims to exclude the majority shareholder from the group companies in connection with gross violations of the corporate governance standards.
- Development and implementation of a strategy for gaining control in the largest ceramic tile manufacturing company. Protecting the interests of the Client in Russian courts and foreign arbitrations, accompanying bankruptcy procedures, structuring a settlement agreement governed by English law.
- Search and return of assets stolen from a Czech state bank. Enforcement of collateral, litigation on the valuation of collateral items, recovery of damages caused because of the reorganisation of the borrower conducted in violation of the interests of the Client.
- Search and return of assets stolen from a Latvian state bank. Enforcement of collateral, litigation over the valuation of collateral, participation in the bankruptcy procedure of the borrower and guarantor, introduction of interim measures in Russia in the form of the freezing of all of the borrower's assets in support of the Latvian arbitration proceedings.
- Development and implementation of a strategy for a systemically important Russian bank to recover debts from a person who hid assets in the United Arab Emirates. Search for assets and development of a legal position on recognition and enforcement of decisions of Russian courts in the United Arab Emirates.
- Representing the interests of the Government of Moscow in a dispute with a private investor in the ICAC at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation related to an investment contract.
- Representing the interests of an Austrian skier in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) during the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014.
- Representation of an Australian company in a dispute with a Russian state-owned leasing company in Russian arbitration courts and international commercial arbitration.
- Representing a Cyprus bank in a dispute with clients in Russian state arbitrazh courts.
- Protecting the interests of a minority shareholder in a lawsuit challenging a surety agreement.
- Representing the interests of the largest Russian insurance company in a corporate conflict with minority shareholders in Russian state arbitrazh courts.