Alexander is an expert lawyer who has practiced law for more than twenty years. He was the head of legal departments of major Russian and foreign corporations for twelve years.
Alexander focuses on corporate conflicts and disputes and projects involving banks’ and investment companies’ distressed assets.
Alexander also has experience as successful negotiator and mediator.
Alexander is a member of the Expert Council for Corporate Governance of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
Alexander is recommended by The Legal 500 international law firm ranking.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law
- INSEAD, Executive Leadership Programme
- PB Legal, Managing Partner
- A1 (Alfa Group’s investment arm), General Counsel
- MDM Bank, General Counsel
- Summa Capital, General Counsel
- Russian Standard, General Counsel
- General Electric, Head of Legal, Russia/CIS
- Denton Wilde Sapte
- Pepsi-Cola Int.
- Development and implementation of a strategy to protect the interests of the shareholder of the largest Russian Internet retailer who applied to the LCIA with a claim against the majority shareholder to buy out the shares.
- Protecting the interests of a new shareholder of a public IT holding in a corporate conflict. Recovery of damages, challenging the transactions, changing unfriendly governing bodies in subsidiary structures, bringing the former management to liability.
- Representing the interests of a minority shareholder of a large Russian agricultural holding in courts. Submission of claims to exclude the majority shareholder from the group companies in connection with gross violations of the corporate governance standards.
- Development and implementation of a strategy for gaining control in the largest ceramic tile manufacturing company. Protecting the interests of the Client in Russian courts and foreign arbitrations, accompanying bankruptcy procedures, structuring a settlement agreement governed by English law.
- Creation of a joint venture with the Irish State Bank in order to search and return stolen assets. Challenging the transactions on the illegal alienation of assets, support of bankruptcy procedures.
- Development and implementation of a strategy for a systemically important Russian bank to recover debts from a person who hid assets in the United Arab Emirates. Search for assets and development of a legal position on recognition and enforcement of decisions of Russian courts in the United Arab Emirates.
- Prevention of the raider seizure attempt and potential bankruptcy of the Russian city-forming metallurgical enterprise. Successful protection of the interests of the Client in the Russian courts and return to the Client of damages illegally collected from him.
- Appeal against court decision of the general meeting of shareholders of a large machine-building corporation in defense of the rights of a minority shareholder, establishing control over the enterprise, structuring an agreement governed by English law on the buy-out of shares and termination of judicial procedures.
- Development of a strategy to protect the interests of the Client in the LCIA against the claim of the largest French bank for recovery of damages in connection with the failure of the Client to execute an option agreement. Legal support of negotiations and mediation procedures with the French party, structuring and signing a settlement agreement for the Client.
- Protecting the interests of the creditor of the company owning the license to develop a large gas field. Signing a settlement agreement with an unfriendly major lender - CLN holder, the acquisition of a gas field in the property. The sale of an asset to the largest Spanish oil and gas company for more than 250 million euros.